hello! well, i certainly didn’t plan to be away from the blog for so long, but work, holidays and just general life got in the way.
i’ve still been playing around and planning things for my dolls, but i have hardly shared anything on DoA or even Flickr. here’s a short summary, though –
- 95% finished Annabel’s list (even though I did order new eyes, i have decided that they’re a bit too dark so I have another pair on order)
- i have started working on Gabriel’s list, which i will try and share shortly
- i ordered and received a new Aileen Doll dragon, Shy.
- i also recieved a replacement Seed dragon as I sold my previous one earlier in the year.
- i received two teeny tiny baby Aileen Doll dragons!
- my Pukifee Juri and my TS Pukifee Pio got sent off to the faceup artist (the lovely Anthrogirl on DoA) and came back with fabulous new faces!
- my gorgeous Pukifee Cupid (who i have named Samson) arrived 🙂
- i have ordered two tan Pukifees – a Flora and a Vanilla, and have been making plans for them
(not my photos)
and finally, I have fallen in love with a couple of dolls from a fairly new company, Dolli-Pop. i haven’t ordered these yet, but that doesn’t stop me making plans!
as i mentioned in my previous post, the first doll that i want to ‘finish’ is Annabel, my Pukifee Bonnie in NS. as she is my oldest doll, it only seems fair that i complete her look first 🙂
initially Annabel had an aqua colour scheme, but i have switched things around and now she will be primarily yellow. there are a couple of reasons for this – one is that i absolutely loooove the colour aqua on Pippin at the moment, so it will likely become her colour (again!), and the second reason (and probably more significant) has to do with Annabel’s blonde curly wig. this wig is my favourite wig on her by far, yet she wasn’t wearing it much because she was often wearing her aqua wig. however, when i sold Obelia, i started switching things around, and i realised that Annabel’s curly wig was very close in colour to the pale lemon wig that Obelia used to wear. therefore, if i made her primary colour yellow, i could put her in my favourite wig a lot of the time. win-win!
(this wig is all kinds of crazy, but I love it!)
so, with her colour scheme locked down, it was time to make a list of what she needed –
- new eyes
- decision on which animal she would morph into
- some new clothes
- some new accessories
(not my photos)
and here is where i am up to!
- a pair of Mako eyes have been ordered for her. i have been wanting a pair of these for so long!
- i think that have finally decided that she will be a duckling. i have been obsessed with little yellow ducklings ever since i was a kid, so i think that is the perfect option for my favourite doll 🙂 i have some white Fairyland Littlefee wings that i plan to customise with yellow and I might try to make a little tail, too! i also found these cute duckling items on Etsy –
- two dresses ordered
- socks have been ordered
it feels good to have a plan!
… for this!
(photos belong to Aileen Doll)
this cutie is a new dragon that Aileen Doll have previewed on their Flickr account – he’s a dragon/deer/bird and he’s yellow! I have been wanting them to make a yellow one 🙂 also, look at that tiny sleeping baby dragon – an event gift maybe? eek! i can’t wait!
… though this is all ‘pie in the sky’ really, but isn’t she absurdly delicate and beautiful??? i think she’d be a perfect companion for Aurelia.
(photos taken from http://www.doll-zone.com)
a girl can dream…
i thought that i’d document my ultimate bjd purchasing wishlist, though this is not necessarily just for 2015, but ongoing. i feel that i have purchased quite a few dolls in a relatively short space of time (thirteen dolls – that are still with me (three have already been onsold) in 2 1/2 years), so it’s time to slow down. in terms of dolls, it feels like i am close to reaching the end of my wishlist (those are famous last words!) and it feels good. i have learnt a bit more about what dolls i love and will stick with me – it’s obvious that i love Pukifees, but as much as i admire them, i haven’t held on to my anthro (i.e. half animal/half human) dolls. i’ve rehomed both my Tiny Delf Alice Centaur and my Zuzu Delf Rumi as they no longer fit with me. yet, i love my dragons, because they are 100% dragon, not a combination of both human and dragon. so, moving forward – only human dolls or pure animal (they can still be fantasy dolls but without a human element) dolls for me 🙂
starting off with dolls, here’s my wishlist –
- Pukifee Cupid full set with sleeping plate
- Pukifee Multihead Zefi (possibly blank) – i will use the body for my Pukifee Juri event plate
- PukiPuki body – to use with the Multihead Zefi head
- Eve the Cat cat bjd (this is a bit of a dream, really 🙂
and other items –
- faceup for my Pukifee Juri event plate
- faceups for both OE and SP Pukifee Pio TS plates
- eyes for Ignis, my Aileen Doll Seed dragon
- new eyes for Roux, my Aileen Doll Rot dragon (i have 16mm eyes in him and he really needs 18mm)
- new eyes for Boo, my Aileen Doll Picot Violet dragon (her current eyes are fine, but i always knew i would change them at a later date to a different pair)
- fantasy coloured wigs for Sebastian, TS Pio and Cupid
- Mako eyes for all of my Pukifees
- an aqua mohair wig for Annabel
- a pink mohair wig for Juri
- knitted Pukifee rompers from PitaPota for my Pukifee girls (Annabel already has hers)
- Cachoou rompers in aqua and pink
- a couple more Little Amelie rompers
- RubyRed Galleria Pukifee sneakers in blue
- TTYA jeans and overalls for my new Pukifee boys
and in the creation of my morphlings (which i still haven’t expanded on) –
- various ears and tails for all Pukifees except Annabel (she already has her dragonfly wings)
and a complete maybe – because i love her, but i am not sure that she would fit in –
- Lati White Belle in Dark Tan skin (would have to be picked up on the secondhand market)
okay, well – as much as i would really love to buy the Brown Tan Lati White Belle, something happened today to scuttle those plans…
this happened –
(photo courtesy of aileendoll.com)
oh my freaking goodness it’s a baby dragon! a purple baby dragon!
and look at it in proportion to the other dragon –
(photo courtesy of aileendoll.com)
it’s a teeny, tiny, adorable, purple baby dragon. with a dummy (pacifier).
i’m dying of cuteness overload right now…
chances are that this little cutie will be a limited edition, so i don’t want to chance missing out. if i could guarantee that the dragon was a basic item, i would have possibly tried to buy one of the Lati Whites, but since Aileen Doll only posted the teaser for these today there’s not any info about the release yet.
i can’t afford both, so that means that i have to save my pennies for the baby dragon!
EDIT: Aileen Doll have announced that the baby dragon will be limited in number, over two order dates. on each order date 50 blank baby dragons and 40 blushed baby dragons will be available.
Lati has posted a preview pic of a dark tan Lati White Belle (?) on their Facebook page…
(photo taken from www.facebook.com/purelati)
she is adorable. i was regretting not getting the Dark Crunchy Haru from earlier this year, but now i think this little one is even cuter. now just to wait to find out how much she is and whether she is limited!
EDIT: she’s definitely a Lati White Belle, and she’s super limited! only 19 are being sold at 12.00 am (Korean time) on October 17th.
(photo taken from http://pets.evethecat.com)
seriously amazing, and i love what Randomfish has been doing with her cat.
has anyone else added these amazing creatures to your wishlist???